This morning, I am already in a tug of war.
Upon waking, I am battling my thought life and hearing the enemy whisper lies to me. Trying so hard to convince me that I am not a good enough mom. Not a good enough friend. Not a good enough wife. Not a good enough Christian.
Just not good enough.
He is tricky, that enemy of ours. He rarely comes to us by way of an obvious evil and dark force. No, it is usually extremely sly and serpent-like. Slithering his way into our thoughts and trying to steal our worth.
Telling us “we aren’t enough” is one of his most effective patterns because if he can get our thinking then the rest is cake. Our emotions and actions are birthed in our thought-life and our day goes to pot within a mili-second.
Good news is, folks, we don’t have to be good enough because Jesus already is. And I am going with Him.
So let’s get ahead of our adversary this morning with a little refresher on the REAL US found in Christ. Read these over and say them out loud. I will even supply us with a worship song to seal the deal today.
- I am born of God, and the evil one – the devil – can not touch me. 1 John 5:18
- I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when He returns 1 John 3:1,2
- I am a partaker of Christ, I share in His life (Heb 3:14)
- I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling (Her 3:1)
- I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (Col 3:12, 1 Thes 1:4)
- I am a son of light and not of darkness (1 Thes 5:5)
- I am a new creation (2 For 5:17)
- I am a temple, a dwelling place of God. His Spirit and His life dwell in me. (1 Cor 3:16, 6:19)
- I am united to the Lord and one in spirit with Him (1 Col 6:17)
- I am reconciled to God and I am a minister of reconciliation. (2 Col 5:18,19)
- I am God’s workmanship – His handiwork born anew in Christ to do His work. (Eph 2:10)
LORD, THIS IS HOW WE FIGHT OUR BATTLES!!! WE CLAIM THIS TRUTH! WE WORSHIP YOU! WE WILL NOT BELIEVE LIES TODAY! YOU LOVE US! YOU ARE ENTHRALLED WITH US! WE THANK YOU AND SURRENDER OUR LIVES TO YOU!
IN JESUS NAME! AMEM!
- Of all these truths, which two mean the most to you TODAY?
- What is going on in your life that make these so important right now?
- Our Christian life is a continual “casting down lies and replacing with Truth” process. Take a journal and pen out lies that consistently come against you. Out from the lie, write one a Truth to combat this thought. Next time the lie comes against you, REMEMBER THIS.