I just erased an entire blog post.
Yes. I wrote a rather nice one. Encouraging and sweet. But God kept nudging me to post something entirely different, so we’re rolling with it.
However, my pride responds, “Lord, everyone knows this Scripture. It is so common. And! I think I have blogged this passage before. Blah Blah Blah. Me. Me. Me.”
(Like this has anything to do with me, right?)
But Truth be told, I need to hear it, too. Plus! …. this translation is my ABSOLUTE FAV so I’m excited to put it right here for you!
Soak in this TRUTH. Delight in each word as the finest chocolate. Ready?
I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] Philippians 4:13 Amplified.
It. Will. Never. Grow. Old.
- And today as I look down the neck of a seemingly impossible day with my 99-year-old grandmother, I say, “I can do all things.”
- And as you look ahead to that difficult conversation with a family member, “He strengthens and empowers you.”
- And tomorrow when you make that tough decision about your job, remember, “He empowers you to fufill His purpose.”
- And this weekend, as you are faced with possible temptation, “you are ready for anything because He INFUSES you with inner strength.”
- And any moment you feel anxiety rising up, receive from Him your, “inner strength and confident peace.”
Yep. This scripture is soul food for just about everything. And it is all found IN CHRIST ALONE. We can’t “make” these things happen. Truly, all of this is a divine gift from the Lord…. the strength, empowerment, sufficiently, readiness, peace…. All Him.
So the pressure is off to be strong enough. Or calm enough. Or wise enough. or patient enough. God has all of this for us.
Let us remember to remember.
Love you all. Happy Friday. Take this one with you all day. K? K.
(and don’t miss the prayer in #3)
- What areas of you life are you trying hard to do it on your own? What piece of this scripture trumps that effort? How?
- Reflect on the word “infused.” What comes to mind when you think of this word? How does that definition impact you when you reflect on the Lord “infusing” you with inner strength and peace. How can you live in this reality today?
- Pray this over a specific situation right now…. Here are some words: Lord, I can do ____________________, which You have called me to do, through YOU my strength and empowerment. I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency. Thank you for that. I am ready for __________________ today because you infuse me with inner strength and confident peace. Thank you in advance for the victory. In Jesus Name, Amen.
So good, Sweet Becky! Just what was needed today when my souls and strength are Sapped this morning! Love you!