Good morning!!!!! … I want to invite you into a space where, for the next 30 days, we will journey together into deeper waters with The Lord.
Some of these waters will reconfirm simply who we are in light of what Christ has done for us. Some waters will shed light on places of bondage and captivity in our hearts where the Lord wants you fully free and fully His.
Some mornings we will simply sit in His Word and let Truth nuzzle its way into our marrow.
Thank you for being with me as we process and press in…. together.
This week I am will be sharing a few days worth of IDENTITY TRUTHS regarding who you are in Christ. We may not FEEL these words are true of us…. maybe our behavior doesn’t seem to merit such amazing titles or descriptors, but all of the following is TRUE OF YOU. Read these truths, and for deeper study, take time to reference each Scripture in your own Bible, journal and/or speak them out loud. My hope is eventually each of us get to a place where, upon reading these, our first response is… “yes, that is what God sees when He looks at me.” Wow.
- I am the salt of the earth. (Matthew 5:13)
- I am the light of the world. (Matthew 5:14)
- I am a child of God. (John 1:12)
- I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life. (John 15:5)
- I am Christ’s friend. (John 15:15)
- I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16)
- I am a slave of righteousness. (Romans 6:18)
- I am enslaved to God. (Romans 6:22)
- I am a child of God; God is spiritually my Father. (Romans 8:14,15; Galations 3:26, 4-6)
- I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance. (Romans 8:17)
REFLECTION: At first glance, which of these truths penetrate your heart the most? Which truth do you need to hear above the rest? Take that one with you today. Write it down and spend time praying over this part of your Divine DNA.
Now, take a second to decide which is the most unfamiliar to you. Or which one is the hardest for you to really believe. Write it down and spend some time asking the Lord, “Father, I don’t really get this, at all. Help me understand.” If you have any questions about it, reach out and I would be happy to give you some additional resources.
I am excited about this and I KNOW the Lord is up to SOMETHING GOOD!! Here is a song that will bless you today. Ask God to “TURN AROUND” and false thinking you have about yourself. He is up to something, God is doing something RIGHT NOW!” Praise the LORD!