I love the hungry white pages of a brand new journal. Each page ready for the strike of an eager pen. As of this week, my little brown book has officially retired. It’s pages maxed with messages from my pastor, quotes from my mentor, notes from books I’ve read, prayers I’ve offered to the Lord, correction He has brought me in my sin and Scripture He has whispered in the hush of our time together.
Re-flect \ri-ˈflekt\ : to think quietly and calmly
This morning I want to reflect with the little brown journal. Sitting quietly before the Lord. Turning each page of His faithfulness to me. Remembering the goodness of this year past. The hardships. The joys. Join me as I highlight and reflect on a few one-liners from little brown journal…
* Yesterday it was very clear to me…apart from Christ I can do nothing. NOTHING.
* Refreshment is found in the presence of God.
* “In a hopeless world – hope is powerful. In a truthless world – grace is powerful.” -Pastor Dunn
* “If you carry the Word in your heart during times of trouble then His Word will carry you.” -D. Barnes
* “The only way you can make little of yourself is to make much of someone else.” -Piper
* How do we deal with Pride? We continually deflect and point to Christ.
* You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness in joy. Psalm 16:11 – JOY come from His presence!
* Rest is a result of discipline. Choose to Trust God. Rest is found here.
* “You have to fight for your enjoyment of the Lord.” -J. Newman
* “The Devil works out of a position of pride. The Lord works out of a position of humility.” -D. Barnes
* “The reward of seeking God is God. He is the reward.” -Pastor Dunn
* In the Kingdom of God we either move forward or backwards. We never stand still.
* “Love never fails. Just love.” -D. Barnes
* “Faith comes by hearing. Using what you’ve heard increases your faith. We must do what we hear from God.” -Pastor King
* Don’t be a child of Israel who complains. Crucify yourself, Becky. Be thankful.
* Don’t look to people for my supply – look to God. Expect everything from Him.
* “If you suffer any want, it is your own fault.” -Spurgeon
* “When a tide of passion or a surge of anger is felt, it must be dealt with as the alien intruder it really is and turned out of the house. It has no right to be there at all…let alone give orders.” -Nasser
* Christians must take severe measures in dealing with sin.
* God’s Word isn’t the fun news it’s the Good News. And we can’t realize how good it is until we see how bad we are. This realization will always bring forth change.
* “Be well trained with the weapons of God (Eph 6). Know your covenant. Understand your authority and agreement. Jesus’ death and suffering are not in vain. Honor the price paid.” -D. Barnes
* Lord, ignite in me fresh passion. Let us pursue intimacy. Romance me, Lord. Word of God speak. Fill my heart with Your Word. I give myself to you as a living sacrifice. Holy and Acceptable. My spiritual act of worship. Amen.
Do you have any one-liners today? Do share. I’d love to reflect with you.
I also did a similar post with my Little Red Journal. I love looking back over what the Lord has done. He is so good.