I have a question for you…
Would you consider being part of an indepth study this week? With me? I would love it.
Lately, I am just SO hungry.
Hungry for knowledge and wisdom from the Word. This Book is life. I’m just crazy about it. Proverbs says to call out for insight and to raise your voice for understanding. To seek wisdom like silver and search for it like hidden treasure. (v.3&4).
We’ll, I’m all in.
I pray we would be a generation that knows the Law of the Lord. I pray we would not just read the Word, but experience it. Taste it. Do it.
I can’t get enough of Psalm 19. Every time I read it, I see something new.
I challenge you today (as I am myself) to read this passage. Not passively. But really read it. Pray over it. Experience it. Ingest it.
I will be doing the same. Check back in as we will break it down.
Are you in? I’d love to know. Leave a comment.
Love you all.
Psalm 19 – The Law of the LORD is Perfect
1) The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
2) Day to day pours out speech
and night to night reveals knowledge.
3) There is no speech, nor are there words
whose voice is not heard.
4) Their voice goes out through all the earth
and their words to the end of the world.
In them he has set a tent for the sun,
5) which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber
and like a strong man runs his course with joy.
6) Its rising is from the end of the heavens
and its circuit to the end of them
and there is nothing hidden from its heat.
7) The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sire
making wise the simple;
8) the precepts of the Lord are right;
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure
enlightening the eyes;
9) the fear of the Lord is clean,
the rules of the Lord are true,
and righteous altogether,
10) More to be desired are they than gold
even much fine gold;
sweeter than honey
and drippings of the honeycomb.
11) Moreover,by them is your servants warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
12) Who can discern his errors?
Declare me innocent from hidden faults.
13) Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins;
let them not have dominion over me!
Then shall I be blameless,
and innocent of great transgression.
14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.