My Life Psalm
Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.
The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him……
Yesterday my friend and I were talking and she told me her life Psalm was Psalm 121. I thought, “Wow. What a neat thing to know about her.”
I love knowing people. I love hearing what is going on in the hearts of my friends. What makes them laugh, what they love to do.
I also saw on another Christian blog a great idea. The writer opened up the page for readers to tell a little about themselves. And they did. And it was SO neat. So, being completely unoriginal I am going to copy her great idea – but add my own twist.
I’d love to get to know you. Here are a few questions. But feel free to share more….
1. How do you take your cup of joe?
2. In one word describe your personality.
3. What are a few things you love to do? Do you have a blog address?
4. What are some of your favorite verses or your life psalm? (No pressure on this one:))
1. I like my joe Khaki 🙂 with non-dairy creamer. And honey. I’m odd, I know.
2. One word – Bubbly 😉
3. I love to….play with my little rascal boys. Have inside jokes with my hubby. Soak up a little sun once in a while. Run. Read and Write.
4. Love Psalm 103, Hebrews 11:1 and Philippians 3:10 to name a few.
I’d love to get to know you. Share?
Click on comment and write in the area. No google account? Click on “anonymous” and just sign your name in your post. Fun!! I can’t wait to read about you!
My name is Kristen & I like my coffee with stevia and a fancy flavored creamer like hazelnut or french vanilla.Spunky describes me best & I love to spend time with my hubby, read inspirational books, take photos, spend time with my girlfriends, read, journal & blog!Galatians 5:1 & 13 most resonates with me right now.
Hi Becky… This is such a great way to connect with other bloggers. Love the idea!!!I take my coffee with sugar-free french vanilla creamer and lots of splenda. I am on a huge kick right now though drinking iced coffee. Starbucks has these new iced coffee packets that are delish!!!One word I would describe myself being is focused.A few of my favorite things are photography, cooking, reading, going to the beach, and making memories now matter how big or small with my children.Psalm 103 has also been a very special verse for me too. I can testify wholeheartedly that He redeemed my life from the pit!!! Ephesians 3:20 is a favorite and I have been spending a lot of time recently studying Psalm 119:33-37.Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Becky (wife)1) I like my coffee tan and hot. Just like my beautiful bride! 2) My personality is… corny, grumpy at times, silly at times, mostly steady, intraverted with extraverted tendencies, reflective, and calm.3) Things I like to do are: drink coffee, read, coach sports, play golf a little, play guitar when I can, watch movies, fish, wrestle with my boys, and crack jokes with You (Becky)4) Favorite bible verse is… 2 Corinthians 5:17. It's the first verse I memorized as a Christan. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has hone, behold new things have come."
oops. the old has "gone" not hone.
Brent, so funny! Becky, what a fun idea.1. Hmm… I like my milk with a little bit of coffee. And splenda galore.2. My personality is …spontaneous(?)3. I love to spend time with my sweet friends (coughBecky!), go on trips to target, … I blog rarely but its http://www.bleepbloopblap.blogspot.com ;)4. My life psalm might be psalm 63::"Whom have I in heaven but you?And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
1 I love Santa's White Christmas, by Barnie's in the mall, through out the year, it is the one coffee I can have with little 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar. But if I'm at a restaurant I have to have 7 creamers and 7 sugars:)!!!2. Personality~Smiley, Outgoing, Friendly, Helpful3.I love to: spend time with my friends, listen to my kids play Star Wars:) work outside in the rain, garden, listen to music, I really loved to be outside with my goat Billy but he had to move away so now I go hang with the other animals on the farm, I really like my chicken Ruby, she is a doll.4.Verses I like 1 Peter 4:13"But rejoice that you participated in the sufferings of Christ,so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you he will rejoice over you with singing."Psalm 150Praise the Lord.Praise him in his sanctuary;praise him in his mighty heavens.Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.Praise him with the sounding of trumpet,praise him with the harp and lyre,praise him with tambourine and dancing,praise him with the strings and flutes,praise him with the clash of cymbals,praise him with resounding cymbals.Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord.Have a great day!! Krystine
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hey Becky-1. Black. And, I like Waffle House and Folgers. None of the fancy stuff for me!2. My personality is…in one word…Easy3. Love reading, snow skiing, playing sports, watching sports, music, the History Channel, eating Ice Cream, keeping my dog from bugging my neighbors ;), and as much time as possible with the little ones bc they grow up FAST!4. I love Eph 2:4-5: "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved."
I like this idea and might just copy from you one day when I have more readers/followers1) I like my Coffee with hazelnut creamer and some sugar especially at the end of a stressful type day2) (I asked my hubby) my personality in one word: meek3)I love finding answers/inspiration from the Word, spending time (laughing) with my silly hubby and son, reading, writing, laughing with women,connecting with my mom, hugging my dad, sleeping, lazy afternoonsBlog: http://www.everythingbeautiful-jimmielee.blogspot.com4)Isaiah 25:8 and Revelation 21:4 (at least for this time in my life)He will wipe away every tear!God brought us out to bring us in (Deuteronomy 6:23) ~jimmie lee
1. How do you take your cup of joe? I love Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer, just a little with some milk to make my coffee toasty colored.2. In one word describe your personality. Funny!3. What are a few things you love to do? Do you have a blog address? Play with my boys! Photography, enjoying looking at others and taking my own photos of my boys! Hugging my Hubby! And hugging my silly boys!4. What are some of your favorite verses or your life psalm? (No pressure on this one:))Psalm 40 this is my LIFE verse!!! "I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined His ear to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the miry pit and set my feet upon a ROCK, making my feet secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.Psalm 40:1-3
1. How do you take your cup of joe? I am not much of a coffee drinker. But when I do drink it, I like French Vanilla creamer in it or Moche Frappe.2. In one word describe your personality. Laid back3. What are a few things you love to do? Read, spend time with my family, date nights with my honey, bible studies, playdates with friends.4.What are some of your favorite verses or your life psalm? Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans you have for me, plans to prosper and not to harm me, plans to give me a future and hope. Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. and Is 61. : ) -Sue
1. I don't drink coffee. I usually start my day with a large sweet tea from McDonald's.2. My personality? Hilarious. If I do say so myself.3. Things I love to do? RUN, hang out with Greg and Olivia, sew (yeah, I know), play horseshoes (I KNOW :))… did I mention run?4. Favorite verses? I don't have any yet. Religiously speaking, I think I'm a work in progress.p.s. I've been reading your blog for a few months now and really enjoy it. I know we haven't seen each other for years and have no idea when our paths might cross again, but this has been a wonderful way to stay in touch.Love and hugs to you,Joanna Hollenback